Welcome to the Government of Manitoba’s GHG Reporting Dashboard.
The Dashboard is a tool to assist Manitoba track and compare GHG emissions, illustrate future emissions scenarios, and communicate GHG emissions and reductions in the province. It was developed by CSA Standards following recommendations from the Office of the Auditor General and the International Institute for Sustainable Development.
Currently, Manitoba relies on Environment Canada’s annual National Inventory Report (NIR) to track and report GHG emissions and removals in the Province. The NIR is released 18 months after each reporting year. Environment Canada has released provincial emissions NIR data for the 2008 reporting year. The 2009 NIR will be released in spring 2011. Using data provided by Statistics Canada, Environment Canada, Natural Resources Canada, Manitoba Hydro and Provincial departments, Manitoba can use the Dashboard to illustrate GHG emissions in future years. Below you will find projections for 2009.
The Dashboard also demonstrates the emissions reductions achieved through Manitoba’s climate change programming, and highlights the important positive effect that Manitoba assets, such as electricity exports and the boreal forest, have on the province’s emission profile.
On this page you can view:
- Estimate of Manitoba's Provincial Emissions by Sector in 2008
- Estimate of Manitoba's Provincial Emissions by Sector in 2009
- Estimated Changes in Manitoba's Provincial Emissions by Sector, 2008 to 2009
- Impact of Manitoba’s Climate Change Programs, 2007 to 2009
- GHG Emissions and Removals from Land Use, Land-Use Change and Forestry (LULUCF), 1990 to 2008
- Net Emissions Displaced through Clean Electricity Exports
- Impact of Wind on Emissions Displaced through Clean Electricity Exports
- Impact of Manitoba Hydro Power Smart Programs, 1990 to 2009